[Fli4l_en] English communication about fli4l?

Alexander Dahl lespocky at web.de
Di Mär 6 21:43:32 CET 2018

Hello,

for historical reasons, fli4l is a German project. Almost every internal
and external communication uses the German language, even Tickets are
written in German. AFAIK the only part, where English is used are commit
messages and the English translation of the documentation. This is
rather unusual for a free software project.

Yes, almost all of the developers are from Germany, but I always felt,
this should not be carved in stone.

How is the international view on fli4l? Are there any non-German
users or even developers? Did someone step back from engagement for the
project because of this language barrier?

Should we switch to english for at least all public communication?

And final question: does anyone read this newsgroup? ;-)

Greets
Alex

--
GnuPG-FP: C28E E6B9 0263 95CF 8FAF  08FA 34AD CD00 7221 5CC6