[jacorb-developer] JacORB and endorsed dirs, class loaders and logging

Nick Cross jacorb at goots.org
Fri Jan 18 15:31:05 CET 2013

Hi,

Reply inline

On 18/01/13 13:42, Michael Thaler wrote:
> Hi,
>
> 18.01.2013 09:55:55 org.jacorb.config.JacORBConfiguration <init>
> WARNUNG: no properties found for configuration jacorb
> 18.01.2013 09:55:55 org.jacorb.orb.ORBSingleton <init>
> INFO: created ORBSingleton
> 18.01.2013 09:55:55 org.jacorb.orb.ORBSingleton <init>

> Is there a way to get rid of the warning: WARNUNG: OMG.ORB classloader does
> not match JacORB ORBSingleton classloader. This may cause problems; see the
> ProgrammingGuide for further details? Will this cause any problems in
> practice?
> I know I can get rid of the warning by setting
> -Djava.endorsed.dirs="c:\Program Files\jacorb-3.2\lib" (or to any other
> directory that contains the above listet jars). But is there any other way
> to do this that works from within a jar / running jvm?)

This logging message was added a little while ago but as no-one has
reported any problems with the new initialisation code it could well be
moved to debug level logging. In general it should not cause a problem
and is really only of use if there *is* a problem ;-)

> In addition, there is another problem: I add a special handler to the java
> logger to send log messages over the network. However, setting a handler
> using
>
> Logger.getLogger("org.jacorb").addHandler(h)
>
> does not work. I think the reason for this is that the orb is loaded by a
> different classloader and thus logs to a different logger. Is there
> anything I can do about that?

Can you provide a test case please? You could enter a ticket on bugzilla
to attach any code.

Thanks

Nick