[jacorb-developer] Meaning of terms "server" and "servant"

Kujtim Hyseni kujtimhyseni at hotmail.com
Fri Feb 16 20:55:44 CET 2018

Yes Phil,

and thanks a lot ;-)

Kujtim

________________________________
From: jacorb-developer-bounces~kujtimhyseni=hotmail.com at lists.spline.inf.fu-berlin.de <jacorb-developer-bounces~kujtimhyseni=hotmail.com at lists.spline.inf.fu-berlin.de> on behalf of Phil Mesnier <mesnierp at objectcomputing.com>
Sent: Friday, February 16, 2018 2:23 PM
To: Discussions concerning CORBA development with JacORB
Subject: Re: [jacorb-developer] Meaning of terms "server" and "servant"

Hi Kujtim,

"Servant" is the code which implements an interface. The term is defined by
the CORBA spec, and there is even a native servant reference type defined
in IDL somewhere. "Server" is not defined by the CORBA spec as far as I
recall, however it commonly refers to a process containing one or more
servant instances, is listening on an endpoint, etc.

Does that help?

-Phil

On Fri, Feb 16, 2018 at 4:36 AM, Kujtim Hyseni <kujtimhyseni at hotmail.com>
wrote:

> Hi,
>

> during reading JacORB/CORBA documentation we face terms "server" and
> "servant". Could someone explain the precise meaning and the difference
> between them?
>

> Kujtim
lists.spline.inf.fu-berlin.de
Your email address: Your name (optional): You may enter a privacy password below. This provides only mild security, but should prevent others from messing with ...

--

Phil Mesnier
Principal Engineer & Partner

jacorb-developer maillist  -  jacorb-developer at lists.spline.inf.fu-berlin.de