[Eisfair] Samba als PDC, was ist möglich?

Thomas Bork tom at eisfair.org
So Jan 17 15:08:20 CET 2021

Am 16.01.2021 um 23:05 schrieb Kay Martinen:

>> Sonderzeichen: Period (.).
>>
>> Ein Punkt Zeichen trennt den Namen in eine NetBIOS-Bereichs-ID und den
>> Computernamen. Der NetBIOS-Bereichsbezeichner ist eine optionale
>> Zeichenfolge, die logische NetBIOS-Netzwerke identifiziert, die im
>> gleichen physikalischen TCP/IP-Netzwerk ausgeführt werden. Damit NetBIOS
>> zwischen Computern funktioniert, müssen die Computer über dieselbe
>> NetBIOS-Bereichs-ID und eindeutige Computernamen verfügen.
>
> Hat sich das seit Active Directory verändert?

Ja, steht in dem von mir geposteten Link.

> Wo von hängt die Funktion von wsdd eigentlich genau ab? Ich las hier
> heute was von "nicht SMB1" und frage mich jetzt ob wsdd hier keinen
> effekt entwickelt (kein host in der Netzwerk-umgebung, nirgends) weil
> ich bei meinen libreelec und den Linux PC überall SMB1 als niedrigstes
> Protokoll einstellte.
> Kurz: Stellt wsdd den dienst ein wenn SMB1 Anfragen auf dem SAMBA Server
> an kommen? Oder hängt es nur davon ab ob auf dem SAMBA selbst (evtl. hab
> ich das so) SMB1 auch als niedrigstes Protokoll eingestellt ist
> (Samba-expert...)?

wsdd announciert an Rechner, die einen wsd-Dienst zu laufen haben.
Welche Protokolle Samba spricht, dürfte dabei egal sein. Es dürfen nur
nicht wiederkehrende und widersprüchliche Messages bei dem Client
ankommen, dann wird wsdd ignoriert. Siehe z.B.

https://github.com/christgau/wsdd
https://linux-blog.anracom.com/2020/05/24/samba-4-shares-wsdd-and-windows-10-how-to-list-linux-samba-servers-in-the-win-10-explorer/

[..]
Tunnel/Bridge Interface

If tunnel/bridge interfaces like those created by OpenVPN or Docker
exist, they may interfere with wsdd if executed without providing an
interface that it should bind to (so it binds to all). In such cases,
the wsdd hosts appears after wsdd has been started but it disappears
when an update of the Network view in Windows Explorer is forced, either
by refreshing the view or by a reboot of the Windows machine. To solve
this issue, the interface that is connected to the network on which the
host should be announced needs to be specified with the -i/--interface
option. This prevents the usage of the tunnel/bridge interfaces.

Background: Tunnel/bridge interfaces may cause Resolve requests from
Windows hosts to be delivered to wsdd multiple times,´i.e. duplicates of
such request are created. If wsdd receives such a request first from a
tunnel/bridge it uses the transport address (IP address) of that
interface and sends the response via unicast. Further duplicates are not
processed due to the duplicate message detection which is based on
message UUIDs. The Windows host which receives the response appears to
detect a mismatch between the transport address in the ResolveMatch
message (which is the tunnel/bridge address) and the IP of the sending
host/interface (LAN IP, e.g.). Subsequently, the wsdd host is ignored by
Windows.
[...]

[...]
So far, so good. However, when I refreshed the list in the Win 10
Explorer my SAMBA server disappeared again. 🙁
What you should do: Take special care about the network interface which
WSDD should be attached to

It took me a while to find out that the origin of the last problem had
to do with the fact that my virtualized server and my Win 10 client have
(multiple) network interfaces on virtualized bridges (without loops in
the network). It seems, however, that multiple broadcasts arrive at the
server via the KVM bridge and are answered - and thus multiple return
messages appear at the Win 10 client during a refresh - which Win 10
does not like (see the discussion in the following link.
https://github.com/christgau/wsdd/issues/8

When I restricted the answer of the server to exactly one bridged
interface via the "/etc/sysconfig/wsdd"-configuration file with the
parameter "WSDD_INTERFACES" everything went fine. Refreshes now lead to
an immediate update including the Samba server.

So, be a little careful, when you have some complicated bridge
structures associated with your virtualized VMware or KVM guests. The
WSDD service should be limited to exactly one interface of the server.

Lies Dir mal die Informationen in beiden Links komplett durch...

--
der tom